Wednesday 12 October 2011

England V France

So, as much as France may have whipped our asses at the rubgy last weekend, and as much as I have this whole 'Paris je t'aime' thing going on, my relationship with France has now passed the honeymoon stage and I have concluded many ways in which England, in fact, beats France by far and why I am getting a little homesick...


(Have also decided to add some photos to this blog, to make it a bit less depressing!)


- I want to be back in England, where I can just quickly 'pop' to the shops.
- I want to be back in England, where I can stay out later then 10pm and still manage to get home


-I want to be back in England, where the shops are open on a Sunday, and there are more exciting things to look forward to than the canteen opening at 7 for dinner.
-I want to be back in England, where I can have proper, home cooked food,at the time I want
-I want to be back in England, where I can use a kettle, hairdryer, straightners, laptop, mobile phone charger, lights and mini fridge all at the same time without blowing the place up. 
-I want to be back in England,  where the toilet is not at the end of the corridoor


-I want to be back in England, where the toilets are not old school and sound like a tsunami hitting the building each time you flush it
-I want to be back in England, where there isnt a constant smell of urine in your house
-I want to be back in England,  where there are no bugs in the toilets
-I want to be back in England, where you can order food and not be told it will arrive at 11am the next day.(I kid you not, who wants Pesto Pasta for breakfast?!)
-I want to be back in England,  where the keyboards are not backwards.
-I want to be back in England, where you can check your CURRENT (not 9 days out) bank account. 
-I want to be back in England, where getting into town isn't 7 euros. 
-I want to be back in England,  where shampoo isn't 3.50 a bottle
-I want to be back in England,  where milk is fresh
-I want to be back in England,  where there is Cadburys
(This was actually my amazing package sent from my wonderful family) 


-I want to be back in England, where everything is modern!
-I want to be back in England, where they sell more than only beer at bars. 
-I want to be back in England, where they play Rhianna and Lady Gaga and BeyoncĂ©. 
-I want to be back in England, where my name doesn't have connotations. 


(this was the least rude image I found when typing my name into French Google images!) 


-I want to be back in England where my phone works.
- I want to be back in England, where I can audition of musicals without making a fool of myself in French
- I want to be back in England where the floor isn't green and cold. 
- I want to be back in Enlgand, where I can bake. 
- I want to be back in England, and have a proper cup of tea!! 


Never have I felt more patriotic! 


Rant over, I promise next blog will be more happy.  Here is a little something I came across whilst flicking through Google Images, which kinda sums up how I wish France was, and also because it makes me laugh because it is so totally random, like much of France!


 A plus! 



No comments:

Post a Comment